The Cedarburg Public Arts Commission was re-organized in 2015 in order to continue advancing Cedarburg as an Arts Destination.
The Public Art Commission is responsible for promoting and maintaining art displays in public buildings and public spaces in the City of Cedarburg. The Board:
- Facilitates public art in public buildings and public spaces;
- Informs residents of and visitors to the City of Cedarburg about public art;
- Advances the City of Cedarburg as an “arts destination” and engages public art as a major attraction for artists, cultural tourism, and economic development;
- Is responsible for approving the site and content of public art;
- Is responsible for developing a procedure for the selection of art and/or artists, which includes public input as well as appropriate staff review.
Our meetings are the last Thursday of every month. The meetings are open to all.
For more information on this commission please contact Mikko Hilvo Director of Parks, Recreation, & Forestry
Current Commission Members: Chairperson Chris Christon, Council Member Jack Arnett, David Eitel, Jeannette Gabrys , Deb Mortl, Sue Schrader, Paul Yank, Melissa Wraalstad
City Staff: Mikko Hilvo – Director of Parks, Recreation, & Forestry, Mary Sheffield – Economic Development Coordinator