CEDARBURG GREEN – FRIENDS OF THE COMMUNITY FOREST
Find us on Facebook (Click link below)
Cedarburg Green is a 501(3)c non-profit, member-based organization whose mission is to foster a greater appreciation for Urban Forestry; to beautify our public streets, boulevards and parks for the benefit of Cedarburg’s residents and visitors; to promote sustainable environmental stewardship and landscape management practices; and to raise and distribute private funds for the planting, care and maintenance of public trees and for other projects aligned with our goals and objectives.
- To achieve 100% stocking of our street tree population along City streets and boulevards.
- To increase canopy cover and species diversity in public parks and open spaces.
- To achieve a routine, scheduled pruning cycle for all public trees.
- To improve and protect the health of our urban trees.
- To improve and protect the health of our urban soils.
- To develop partnerships with area businesses.
- To develop public education and outreach programs.
- To create a TreeBank “branch” to receive donations earmarked for tree planting, care and education within the City of Cedarburg.
- To establish a working partnership with the City of Cedarburg Parks & Forestry Department in order to facilitate Cedarburg Green’s goals and objectives.
- To promote proper tree planting, species selection, maintenance and protection.
- To educate the public about the importance and benefits of urban trees.
- To educate the public about the identification and control of invasive species.
- To work with area school children to encourage environmental stewardship and participation in outdoor activities.
- To promote sustainable landscape management practices including but not limited to:
- Preserve and protect healthy soils
- Improve the health of degraded soils
- Promote the practice of composting and its use to improve soil and plant health
- Use of rain gardens and rain barrels to promote on-site storage of storm water runoff
- Provide alternatives to the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers in the landscape