2018 Elections: February 20, April 3, August 14, November 6
All Elections are held at the Community Center Gym, W63 N643 Washington Avenue. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ELECTIONS. Find more information at the Bring it to the Ballot website. Click for a list of acceptable Photo IDs.
You must be registered in the City of Cedarburg to be eligible to vote in any election in the City.
- If you moved into the City from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to register to vote.
- If you have moved within the City limits, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
Online Voter Registration – My Vote Wisconsin The My Vote Wisconsin site allows eligible Wisconsin voters to register to vote using the Voter Public Access (VPA) website. Voters answer a series of questions to gather their voter registration information and the system generates a typed Voter Registration form that the voter can sign, mail in, or drop off at the Municipal Clerk’s Office or the Polling Location on Election Day. The system provides instruction on how to submit the form, depending on if the voter registers during open registration, late registration, or on Election Day. The application will be processed once it is received. Proof of residence must accompany the completed form. Click here to use the My Wisconsin Vote website. Use the My Vote Wisconsin site to check to see if you are a registered voter, see who is on the ballot, see who your elected officials are, request an absentee ballot, and check the status of your absentee ballot. You may also register to vote in the City Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or on Election Day between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. with acceptable proof of residence.
- Mailed Registration Applications must be postmarked no later than 20 days (the 3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Registrations in the Clerk’s Office must be submitted by the voter no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day.
- Election Day Registrations must occur at the Polls between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
PROOF OF RESIDENCE: Proof of residence is required for all persons wishing to register to vote. The following constitute acceptable proof of residence if the document contains the elector’s current and complete name and current and complete residential address:
- A current and valid WI Driver License or ID Card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (does not count as proof of residence if the elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical collect to the municipality that denotes US Citizenship
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the registration is made
- Homeless voters only – A letter from an organization that provides services to the homeless that identifies the voter and describes the location designated as the person’s residence for voting purposes
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
All proof of residence documents must include the voter’s current and complete first and last name and residential address.
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request an absentee ballot. The elector must be registered to vote in the City of Cedarburg in order to receive an absentee ballot. Voters may request an absentee ballot on the My Vote Wisconsin website. An application or written request must be submitted to the Clerk’s Office before an absentee ballot can be mailed. Telephone requests for absentee ballots cannot be accepted. All requests must be made by the person requesting a ballot. The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the Election (Military and Indefinitely Confined voters may request a ballot up until 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the Election). Absentee voting is also available in the City Clerk’s Office weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Thursday and Friday before each election until 5:00 p.m.).
Would you like to work as an Election Inspector? The election workday is from 6:30 a.m. to approximately 10:00 p.m., but if you can work only half a day, we still need you! Election Inspectors are trained by city staff, paid $8.50 per hour, and provided with light meals. Please call the City Clerk’s Office at 375-7606 for more information on voting or becoming an Election Inspector.
Aldermanic District/Ward Map
Click here to view and/or print the new City of Cedarburg Aldermanic/Ward Map that resulted from the 2011 redistricting process. A map can also be obtained in the City Clerk’s Office.